Computer Usage Questions:
Directions: Please answer the following brief questions and submit by January 31. Thank you
Enter your name
Enter your machine's 6-digit UW-Parkside Networking tag number (all machine numbers start with the number 5). Numbers will be found on top of your hard-drive.
Enter your office building/room number
1. Does your job require the use of a computer?
2. What percent of your work day is spent using a computer?
3 Are you currently a PC user?
List your reasons for using a PC.
4. Are you a MAC User?
List your reasons for using a Mac.
5. Are you considering switching platforms?
PC to MAC
MAC to PC
List your reasons for switching platforms.
6. Do you use UW-Parkside Network storage to save your electronic files (H-drive and/or I-drive)?
If you do not use Network storage please explain why.
Check the box for each electronic file storage device that you use.
Portable USB storage device: thumb drive, jump dirve
Burn a CD
7. Does your job require you to use a CD or DVD Drive? If yes click all appropriate buttons.
If your job requires the use of a CD or DVD drive, how often and why?
8. Does your job require off campus access (away from your primary UW-P campus work location)?
If your job requires you to use a computer off-campus, tell us why.
9. What percent of a normal work week would require mobile (off-campus) computing?
10. Do you have high speed internet access at home?
11. List software applications that you use which are specific to your department.
12. Does your job require the use of audio, visual or graphics software?
Name the MAC software(s)used
Name the PC software(s) used
13. Do you install and evaluate course software?
14. Do you run any application(s) requiring extended processing time?
(3 hours or more unattended)
15. Does your job require you to do non-text computer entry?
If yes, indicate the type of non-text entry:
Systematic or Scientific Displyas
16. Would a light-weight mobile touch screen pen entry computer support your computing needs better than a laptop or desktop computer?
If yes, provide supporting information:
17. Anthing else we need to know about your computing needs, please enter the information below.
Thank you very much. Your input is valued and appreciated!